QuickBooks with its tools and features has changed the traditional way of conducting financial tasks of organizations. This software has gained a respectable position in the market among entrepreneurs. Intuit (QuickBooks Developer) comes up with the latest releases every year with bug fixes and more tools to satisfy the users. But these merits cannot hide its drawbacks after all it is just software that is prone to technical errors and bugs. QuickBooks Error 6073 is an error that happens while trying to open the company file leading to obstruction in performing your crucial business work as you cannot open the company file to resume your work.
In this post, you will read, Why does QuickBooks Error 6073 occur? What to do when QuickBooks is unable to open this company file? Well, do not get confused and read this productive post till the end to get all the answers. Let’s get started.
QuickBooks 6073 Error: Meaning
QuickBooks Error -6073 indicates that another individual is attempting to open or has already accessed the same company file that you’re attempting to open on your system. When you face this error, your screen shows an error code message reading ‘QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.’ You can’t resume your work after getting this error as it affects the company file.
QuickBooks Error 6073: Causes
Causes for QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 are:
- The QBs company file is already opened in another system.
- The file is contained in a read-only network folder.
- All files are on a Unix server and Linux server.
- Filling multiple credentials while login in can cause QuickBooks Error 6073.
- The file is accessed by a remote/distant operating system while the host system is already active.
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6073 using Proven Solutions
QuickBooks Error 6073 can be fixed using some proven methods in this article. But make sure to read all the steps attentively and execute them in order.
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s site.
- Install it.
- Save that downloaded file.
- Click on QuickBooksToolHUb.exe file to open it.
- Follow the onscreen instruction to complete installation and ‘Agree to the terms and conditions.’
- Tap on ‘Quickbooks Tool Hub.’
- Inside the tab, click on ‘Company Files issues’.
- Run the QBs File Doctor (Green icon).
- Under the File Doctor, browse the company file with the error.
- Click on continue.
- Click on the ‘Repair’ option and it will recognize and fix the error automatically.
- You’ll be notified when the fixing process is finished.
Solution 2: Fixing Corrupted Network Data File
Fixing the corrupt Network data File can repair QuickBooks Error 6073. The steps are:
- Right-tap on the ‘Start’ and get access to Windows Explorer.
- Look for the ‘Company file folder.’
- Tap-right on the ‘Network Data extension’ file and QB company file.
- Make some changes to the file extension.
- Now rename it .ndold.
- Press ‘Enter.’
- Open QBs and then the company file.
- After that, QBs will generate a network data file for the company file
Solution 3: Checking the Hidden Files
If the transaction log and (.nd) network data files are marked as hidden, then you have to make them visible.
- Open ‘My Computer’.
- Tap on the ‘Tools’ option.
- Click on ‘Folder’.
- Choose the View option.
- Reach out to ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders’ and choose it.
- Check the transaction log and .nd (network data) files in the ‘Data Folder’.
- Right-tap on the ‘Network Data files’ and click on ‘Properties’.
- Delete the ‘Hidden’ option and Press OK.
Solution 4: Resolve the Error on your Own
Condition 1: If your Company File is already Logged in Different System in Single User Mode Computer
- Close QBs on all systems.
- Open the Company file active (host) system.
- Go to the ‘File’ option.
- Choose ‘Switch to multi-user mode.
- Reboot the PC.
Case 2: If the Company File is Accessed on your Host System via Single-user Mode
- First, click on the ‘File’ tab and then on ‘Close Company’.
- Open your company file once more.
- Visit the option ‘File’ and click on ‘Open or Restore Company’.
- Double-tap on the Company file.
- Hit Next.
- Then, open the Company file via multi-user mode.
Case 3: If the Company File is in Read-only Network Folder
- Get hold of the host system containing the company file.
- Open the ‘Company file folder’.
- Right-tap on it to select ‘Properties’.
- Go to ‘Security’ and pick the ‘User’ having login-related trouble.
- Use ‘Edit’ to make modifications, tap on Allow.
- Click on Apply to get the changes saved. Hit ‘OK’.
Case 4: The Company File is Opened via a Remote OS (Operating System) and the host workstation is Signed in already
- Right-tap on ‘Taskbar’ and then open ‘Task Manager’.
- Click on option ‘Processes’ to see the processes that are running in the background containing the same names from which you have issues.
- If you recognize some processes running, Restart your PC.
ALSO VISIT: QuickBooks Error 1723
These methods can easily fix Quickbooks error code 6073. This post contains all information about the error to help you kick out this issue so that you could resume your work. If you have more doubts, then you can get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Support 24×7 to get instant help from trained professionals.